Monday, July 31, 2017

SEQUENCE by Carol Kaufman Segal
            Sequence is a play written by Arun Lakra and directed by Bruce Gray presented by Theatre 40 in Beverly Hills.  In this production, two separate stories intermingle with each one featuring a male and a female, one a male professor and a female student, the other a female professor and a male student.  The back and forth dialogue from one couple to the other couple coincide with complex discussions that dwell on science, metaphysics, and who knows what else..
            You might be thinking, what is this really all about and why?  This was my very thought as I hunkered down for the eighty-five minutes from start to finish of this exceptionally over-the-top, out-of-my league dialogue.    
            I have been attending plays at Theatre 40 for many years, and I have to think that they were trying for something out of the ordinary.  I cannot remember ever totally disliking anything I have ever seen on their stage.  I will close the book on this one and look forward to the remainder of their 2017-2018 Season.  

            Sequence plays Thursdays through Saturdays at 8 PM, Sundays at 2 PM, through August 20, at the Reuben Cordova Theatre, 241 S. Moreno Dr., Beverly Hills.  Reservations are available by calling (310) 364-0535 or tickets can be purchased online at www.theatre40.org.


No comments:

Post a Comment